Support for families with Disability/Additional Needs
Gold Community Partnership Surestart has a Project Worker and Outreach Worker who support families where a family member has an additional need/disability.
To provide practical and emotional support to families:
- To support parents in attending appointments
- To support children by providing one to one play facilitation
- To provide families with information on support and services available to them
- To provide a listening ear
- To help families access suitable toys from our toy library
- To help improve families' experience of local services by raising awareness through training
C.A.R.E. (Care And Reassurance for Each-other) is a support group of parents whose child has an additional need or a disability. As there is an identified need for support and advocacy services, C.A.R.E. provides this through an informal get together where the parents have the opportunity to share their experiences and to support each other through the challenges and achievements faced in their everyday lives.
To compliment this peer support we have occasional speakers who come along and offer their expertise and help in dealing with specific needs of these families.
C.A.R.E. Parents Group meets regularly and as creche support is available, places need to be booked.
If you feel that you would like to come along - contact our Disability Team at our offices on 028 86769994.