Support for families who are concerned about their child's development
families living with disability/additional needs
Gold Community Partnership Surestart has a Project Worker and Outreach Worker who support families who have concerns about their child's development or where they have a child with diagnosed disability/additional need.
The role of the Project and Outreach Workers is to provide practical and emotional support to families including:
- Informing parents of the diagnostic process to help them better understand the process
- Assisting parents to attending appointments
- Informing families of the support services available to them
- Providing a listening ear
- Providing tailored play experiences
- Reducing isolation by providing support networks through parent support groups C.A.R.E. and S.H.A.R.E.
Parent Support Groups (creche available)
C.A.R.E. and S.H.A.R.E. are support groups for parents whose child has a diagnosed additional need/disability. The Groups provide an opportunity for parents with a shared understanding of living with disability /additional need, to get together, enjoy a warm cup of tea or coffee, have some time to themselvesand support each other through the challenges and the achievements of their everyday lives.
C.A.R.E. Group meet weekly in Cookstown.
S.H.A.R.E. Group meet weekly in Maghera.
If you feel that you would like to come along - contact our offices on 028 86769994.